Wednesday, 25 March 2015
Pump Craft Beer Bar
A brief post on Pump, a fairly new bar that opened late last year between Ikebukuro and Mejiro.
- About 500m south of Ikebukuro on the main road.
- Around 20 seats and place for about ten at the counter.
- Bright and new decor with quite a young atmosphere.
- Half, ¥500-¥700, Pint, ¥840-¥1180
- Ten taps, two of which were imports
- ¥300 cover charge which gets you a bowl of nuts
There’s not much else in this area between stations, so it’s definitely filing a gap. Baird beers were very reasonably priced. Selection when we visited seemed a little safe, but they had some interesting stuff on the ‘coming soon’ list. To find your way there, it's probably simplest to leave Ikebukuro station by one of the exits on the East. If you can find the Seibu department store you are on the right side of the station, and the bar is on the road that runs along the front of Seibu.
Japanese breweries on tap when I visited:
Tuesday - Friday, 17:00-23:30
Sunday and holidays, 15:00-22:00
南池袋 3-8-3 101, Toshima-ku, Tokyo