Saturday, 5 September 2015

Drunk Bat

After a few people mentioned it, I thought it was about time to tick this one off the list. Drunk Bat is an excellently named bar not far from Mitaka station. I think this is my first time in Mitaka, and as I was in the general area I popped in quite early on a Friday evening, fortunately walking straight into happy hour! Here's the important information.

- Fairly small neighbourhood bar, with a small open area at the front with a table for six (but probably with space for more if required) and a bar and counter at the back seating six more. The contrast between the two areas is quite enjoyable!
- Six taps, two thirds of which were Japanese craft, the other two being Mikkeller (seems that's a bit of a thing in Tokyo right now...). Beers are served in three sizes, small (250ml for ¥750), regular (400ml for ¥950) and large (568ml, ¥1350). The imports were a bit more expensive, ranging from ¥900-¥1500, small to large). Few bottles available too. Taplist is on their facebook page.
- Happy Hour from 17:00 to 19:00 where small is ¥50 off and regular and large are ¥100 off. Pretty good deal! I inadvertently got a 400ml glass of Shiga Kogen IPA for ¥850. Bargain!
- Food looked good too, although I didn't sample it, as I was on a flying visit.

All in all, I can see why people were recommending it. The bar has a really nice feel and the staff were friendly and helpful. And the happy hour makes their prices pretty damn good! If this was in my neighbourhood I would definitely be in here a lot and if I am back in Mitaka I will be sure to pop in as well.

Japanese breweries seen on tap here:
Hanyu
Shiga Kogen
Yo Ho
Baird

Opening Hours:
Monday-Friday 17:00-23:45
Saturday & Sunday 15:00-23:00

Location/map:
井上ビル, 1F, 下連雀 3-23-5, Mitaka, Tokyo



Telephone:
090-8560-4565

Links:
Facebook page
Twitter
Ratebeer listing 

No comments: