Monday, 20 February 2017

Chofu Beer Works


Today a brief post on a brewery that has been open for a couple of years, but I've only just got round to visiting. There are a few places in this area and I was intending to visit them all in one go but was never getting round to it so am instead ticking them off one by one. First, Chofu Beer Works.

- Small place. Just a little L-shaped bar with room for about six or seven people to stand. No seats. There is a window through which you can see the brewery, which is also pretty small. Think they had some nuts and olives available if you're peckish. I think it was the brewer who was serving the beers and he was a very nice guy and keen to talk. No smoking too.
- Three taps of their own beer. When I was there they had a pale ale, an Japanese Hoji tea IPA and a vanilla chocolate stout. Beers are served in three sizes, 280ml, 340ml and 430ml priced at ¥600, ¥700 and ¥800 respectively. There's no cover charge and tax is included. You pay for your beers as you go.

I have to say, I quite enjoyed this place. It had a nice feel to it and perhaps due to the size, it seems everyone ends up chatting with each other. Not sure how often I'll be going there as it's a bit out of the way, but I'll try to pop in when I go back to visit Twelve, which on the other side of Kokuryo station. Beware of the limited opening hours. They only open three days a week and they probably aren't the ones you'd expect.

Japanese breweries seen on tap:
St. Robinson (Chofu Beer Works)

Opening Hours:
Tuesday, Thursday & Friday, 17:00-24:00
Closed all other days and holidays

Location/Map:
国領町 2-15-8, Chofu-shi, Tokyo



Telephone: 
042-430-1088 
 

Links:
Facebook
Website

Ratebeer listing

No comments: