Tuesday, 11 April 2017

Cafe & Craft Beer Asaya


Today, the other place that I went to in Fuchu. You can check out the post on Beer House Ken here and I would recommend that if you're in the area, you do both of these places in a mini crawl. Much like Beer House Ken, Asaya doesn't have the largest selection compared to some other places in Tokyo, but it is a nice option if you're in the area and you want to support some local places. I have to say, I quite enjoyed my visit and if I'm out that way again, I wouldn't hesitate to pay a second visit. Here's what you need to know.

- Narrow bar with quite a modern feel. Counter for around five or six and tables for about 20 more. Feels quite spacious and a little different from other craft beer places in Tokyo. Has more of a cafe vibe in that it's quite bright and is nicely decorated with lots of little knick-knacks. Even though I was the only person there shortly after opening on a Friday, it had a nice feel to it. No smoking too. The master was very keen to chat and was a very nice guy. He recommended Beer House Ken to me, which I was actually already planning to go to, but it's good to see the local places sticking together!
- Five taps of Japanese craft, served in three sizes. All beers were priced the same. Half was 260ml for ¥650, regular was 410ml for ¥880 and pint was the UK size, 560ml for ¥1100. So pretty decent pricing! Also these prices include tax and there is no cover charge. Wonderful! The selection included a few breweries you don't see around so often which is good if you are into trying new things.
- Had a food menu and an interesting looking kitchen, but I didn't eat as I was on a bit of a tight schedule. Actually, it seems I always am recently...

There's probably not much else that I can add from my brief visit, but I think I've covered most of the important points. Be sure to check the opening times before you go as I think there is some seasonal variation of opening hours. I think the hours I have put below though are the more conservative ones, so hopefully you'll find it's open more often than you thought, rather than the reverse. I think it's important to support places like these, which seem much more like a labour of love than the numerous chains (and hidden chains) that dominate the Tokyo bar scene now.

Japanese breweries available on tap:
Loco
Tokorozawa
Minoh
Kazakami
Zumona

Opening Hours:
Tuesday-Friday, 17:00-22:00
Saturday, 16:00-22:00
Closed Sunday & Monday

Location/Map:
宮西町5-4-3, Fuchu-shi, Tokyo



Telephone:
042-302-0388

Links:
Website
Facebook

Ratebeer entry 

No comments: